After School Snacks
When the children get home from a full day at school they bring with them a hungry appetite that needs attention.
Here are a few snack ideas that are guaranteed to keep them satisfied until dinner.
- Whole grain cinnamon toast points served with yogurt and berries
- Whole grain peanut butter and banana roll-up
- Fruit juice, Greek yogurt and frozen raspberry smoothies
- Raw vegetable sticks and hummus
- Whole grain crackers, cheese, turkey slices and cucumber rounds
- Apple and cheddar open face melted cheese sandwiches
- Pizza bagels with ham and pineapple
- Mini pita pockets filled with grated cheese, diced pickles and tuna
- Morning glory muffins, apple slices and cheese
- Apple slices spread with almond butter and dunked in cheerios