Butternut Squash Soup
This surprisingly simple and healthy soup is a great accompaniment to any meal, or a meal unto itself when served with warm, crusty multigrain bread on a cozy Fall evening.
- Sautee onions in olive oil until soft, add curry powder and stir 2 minutes.
- Add stock, squash, apples and sage and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in a blender or food processor. Return rinsed pot and add apple juice, salt and pepper and reheat gently without boiling.
- Meanwhile, mix yogurt, curry powder and horseradish for garnish.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of yogurt, garnish with curry powder and a sage leaf and serve.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and diced
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 Tsp curry powder
- 2.5 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 tsp chopped sage
- 2/3 cup 100% pure apple juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup plain fat free Greek style yogurt
- 2 tsp horseradish
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- Curry powder and fresh sage leaves