A little preview of dessert next to your turkey or holiday ham.
- In a large pot, bring water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Add in yams for 5–10 minutes (until they are soft). Drain and set aside.
- In a shallow sauté pan mix other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Add yams and coat well with the sauce.
- Boil on high heat until the sauce reduces to a syrup (about 10 minutes).
- 3 Lbs Garnet or Ruby Yams, Peeled and Cut into Chunks
- 2 Cups Orange Juice
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Tsp Ground Ginger
- ½ Tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp Butter Salt