Creamy Corn Soup
Chilly days don’t stand a chance against a bowl of this comforting corn chowder. Make it a meal with a Fresh St. Market soup. COOK TIME: 20 Minutes YIELD: 4 Servings
- Drop husked corn into a large pot of boiling salted water and cover the pot until it comes to a boil again.
- Remove corn after 5 minutes and let it cool.
- Using a sharp knife make long downward strokes on the cob to separate the kernel.
- In another large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic, parsley and butter and sauté for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Add the flour, stirring well until it forms a paste.
- Next, whisk in the milk and the broth.
- Add the corn and the cream cheese and allow mixture to heat thoroughly.
- Add the garlic salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste and stir together and serve.
Tip: Purée half of the mixture for a creamier soup.
Tip: Try adding crab, bacon and/or cheese for added flavour.
- ½ Onion, Chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 ½ Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 5 Medium Corn Cobs
- 2 ½ Tsp Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Ground Cayenne Pepper to Taste