Early Riser Muffins
Perk up with our energy-boosting, lightly-spiced muffins. Make a bunch and freeze the rest for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast. COOK TIME: 15–20 Minutes YIELD: 18 Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly oil muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in carrots, apples and raisins into dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in applesauce egg mixture into dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin.
- Combine wheat germ, walnuts and sprinkle over muffin tops.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes.
- Let them cool and enjoy.
- ¾ Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 ¼ Cup Enriched Wheat Flour
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Salt
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Grated Carrots
- 1 Large Apple, Peeled, Cored and Chopped
- 1 Cup Raisins (or Dried Cranberries)
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Wheat Germ