A great recipe idea using your leftover roast!
In a heavy pot, brown beef with vegetable oil over medium heat (if using leftover, skip this step and simply add beef after sautéing vegetables).
Add onions & garlic to pot and sauté an additional 5-6 mins.
Add flour to pot & stir until incorporated, 2 mins. Add wine to pot
& bring to a boil, 1 min.
Add broth, reduce heat to low & simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Add sour cream, parsley, mustard and mushrooms. Cook for an
additional 6-8 mins or until mushrooms have softened. Add noodles, top with more parsley & serve.
- 1 lb leftover pot roast or inside round roast, chopped into strips
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 5-6 button mushrooms, sliced finely
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2-3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 heap tbsp grainy mustard
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 cups pasta, cooked until al dente (farfalle preferred)