Cod with Lentil Pilaf
Delicious & healthy
- Cook the lentils in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes. Add the rice and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the lentils and rice are tender. Rinse under cold running water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray. Heat over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until golden. Add garlic and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add swiss chard and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until the swiss chard wilts.
- Stir the lentil mixture and lemon juice into the swiss chard mixture. Season with pepper. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Spray a large frying pan with olive oil spray. Heat over medium heat Add the cod and cook, skin-side down, for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until the flesh flakes when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
- Divide pilaf among serving plates. Top with cod. Serve with lemon wedges.
- 2/3 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed, drained 100g
- 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 4 (about 600g) skin-on cod fillets
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, white stems removed, washed, dried, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved, thinly sliced
- Olive oil spray
- Lemon wedges to serve