Fresh Grated Creamed Horseradish
A delicious accompianment with roast beef dinners or beef dip sandwiches! Serves 8-10
- Wash & peel the horseradish root & finely grate, using either a
box-grater or a food processor (cover your eyes, this stuff burns!).
- In a bowl, combine the grated horseradish (it should be very dry looking) with the vinegar, mustard & sugar.
- Mix well & let sit for 10 mins. Be careful not to get your face too close,
as it will be VERY pungent at this stage.
- Stir the mixture again, add the crème fraiche & season to taste with
salt & pepper. Keeps for 2 to 3 days refrigerated.
- 1-2 Horseradish roots
- 125g Creme Fraiche
- 2 tsp Good vinegar (red, balsamic or sherry)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Sea salt or kosher salt
- Pinch of Fresh cracked pepper