Halibut Brochettes Provencale
The perfect starter for a successful backyard barbecue
- Soak wooden skewers in water for an hour to avoid burning
- Place zucchini, tomatoes, peppers and onions in large bowl. Add 1 tbsp herbes de Provence and olive oil and toss to coat.
- Thread onto skewer - pepper, zucchini, onion, tomato and repeat for 8 skewers.
- Cover and chill for 1 - 2 hours.
- Simmer wine, 1 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice in small saucepan until reduced to 1/3 cup (about 3 mins).
- Place fish in bowl and sprinkle with 2 tbsp herbes de Provence, 3 tbsp olive oil, 3 tbsp lemon juice, garlic and season with salt.
- Skewer fish on remaining 4 skewers
- Add remaining herbs and season
- Season BBQ grill and set to medium-high heat. Grill vegetable skewers until vegetables are slightly charred and tender, turning occasionally, 10 to 12 mins.
- Grill fish skewers until fish is cooked through, turning occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place 1 fish skewer and 2 vegetable skewers on each plate and drizzle with white wine sauce.
- 5 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- zucchini cut into 1/2 inch-thick rounds
- orange pepper cut into chunks
- red onion cut into chunks
- cherry tomatoes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb halibut, cut into 1 1/2” cubes
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup white wine