These ribs are so good, you'll want to lick your fingers when you're done!
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce, such as Kikkoman
- 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 to 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 to 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 8 (5 to 6 bone, 1/2" thick) strips of beef short rib
- Vegetable oil for the grill
Place the ribs in a sided dish just large enough to hold them in a slightly overlapping layer. Place remaining ingredients, except green onions, in a bowl, whisk to combine, and then pour over the ribs. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally.
Preheat your grill to medium-high. Remove the ribs from the marinade; discard the marinade. Lightly oil the grill. Grill the ribs 4 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through, nicely coloured, but still juicy in the middle. Sprinkle the ribs with green onions before serving.