The Perfect Roast Beef
A very flavorful roast appropriate for any occasion. The leftovers make fantastic sandwiches.
Remove roast from fridge at least one hour prior to cooking to allow it to come to room temperature before roasting.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat roast dry with paper towels or tea towels.
Rub garlic, rosemary, salt & pepper all over the outside of the roast.
Place roast on cooking rack, with a minimum of 1 inch of clearance
over roasting pan.
Place in roasting pan, & roast at 425°F for 25 mins. Without opening
oven, drop temperature to 325°F & continue to roast for an additional
Insert thermometer into thickest part of the roast & allow to sit for 30 secs. Remove roast from oven when the internal temperature reaches 125°F (for rare).
IMPORTANT: Make sure that the roast rests for a minimum of 20 mins before carving.
- 1 5lb Prime rib roast (or sirloin tip roast)
- 1 head Garlic, finely minced
- 1 bunch Rosemary, stalks stripped & finely chopped
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh thyme, stalks stripped & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp Cracked black pepper