Nothing like the smell of fresh baked banana bread!
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Lastly, mix in the flour until well incorporated and lump free.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tooth-pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve.
This is a very easy, classic banana bread recipe which makes for the perfect base for any additional mix-ins of your choice! Such as chopped walnuts, pecans or chocolate chips.