Tastes just like mashed potatoes!
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets (about 3 pounds)
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Place cauliflower in a steamer over a large pot of boiling water. Steam for 15 minutes until tender.
- Alternatively, boil cauliflower in salted water for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Remove and drain. Cover with a lid and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the butter over medium high heat.
- Sauté half of the garlic until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Blend cauliflower and remaining garlic in a food processor on high setting until smooth.
- You may need to do this in batches of two or three, depending on the size of your processor.
- Transfer blended cauliflower into the pot with the sauted garlic.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese.