Bistecca alla Fiorentina
Tuscan grilled t-bone steak
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 lb T-Bone Steak, about 1 ½” thick (remove from fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking)
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- In a small bowl, mix together rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Brush steak with olive oil. Then sprinkle with herb mix.
- Preheat a grill to high heat. Place steak on the grill and cook until charred on the outside, about 2 minutes per side. Turn heat down to medium and flip steak back to first side. Continue to cook until desired doneness. For accuracy, check by inserting a probe meat thermometer along the edge, getting as close to the center as you can: rare 120°F, medium rare 125°F, medium 130°F, medium well 135°F, well done 140°F to 145°F.
- Meanwhile brush the cut side of the lemon with olive oil and place on the hot part of the grill until charred with nice grill marks.
- Take steak and lemon off grill. Squeeze lemon juice over the meat and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.