Lemon Pasta with Straccia- tella
Stracciatella is the delicious inside of burrata!
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3/4 cup (12 tbsp) Stracciatella cheese)
- handful of fresh basil, finely chopped)
- zest of one lemon (wash lemons thoroughly first or use organic)
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, 2/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, 3/4 of the basil, salt and pepper. Set the sauce aside.
- Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite (take a minute off the recommended cooking time). Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add spaghetti to the sauce and toss with the basil and lemon zest. Continue to toss with the reserved cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time to moisten to the desired consistency.
- Season pasta with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowls, top with 2 tbsp’s each of Stracciatella cheese, lemon zest and basil.