This easy apple crisp tastes great served with vanilla ice cream!
- 6 ambrosia apples, peeled and chopped (other varieties can be used)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- pinch of kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Butter a baking dish, or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add chopped apples, granulated sugar, 3/4 tsp of the cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir to combine, then transfer to prepared baking dish.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add brown sugar, oats, flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, salt. Mix well
- Add the butter into the bowl and use a pastry cutter to cut the butter into the oat mixture, using a slight downward twisting motion.
- Spread topping over apples in baking dish, and gently pat to even it out. Bake for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel.