Nothing beats the smell of fresh homemade bread
- 3 and 1/4 cups bread flour, plus more for your hands and the pan
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups cool water
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, yeast, and salt together. Pour in the cool water and gently mix together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until well incorporated and all flour is moistened. If needed, use your hands to work the dough ingredients together. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Cover the dough tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and set on the counter at room temperature. Let it rise for 2-3 hours, until the dough doubles in size.
- Lightly dust a large nonstick baking sheet with flour. Turn the dough out onto the dusted baking sheet and form it into your desired shape. Loosely cover with a tea towel and allow to rest for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 475°F
- When ready to bake, using a sharp knife, score the dough with slashes, about 1/2 inch deep. Place the pan in the preheated oven on the center rack. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Gently tap the loaves– if they sound hollow, the bread is done.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!