Homemade Ice Cream
No ice cream machine required!
- 2 cups (16oz/450ml ) heavy whipping cream, cold
- 14 ounces (1 Can/ 400ml) sweetened condensed milk (fat-free or regular), cold
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Place sweetened condensed milk in the fridge to keep cold.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the cold cream on medium/high speed until soft peaks form.
- Turn off the mixer and pour the cold condensed milk into the whipped cream.
- Turn the speed up to high and whisk until the mixture is thick and stiff peaks form. Turn off the mixer and stir in vanilla extract (optional).
- Now that you have your ice cream base, you can add in your desired flavours! Try fruit purees, cookie crumbs, peanut butter, the sky's the limit!
- Once you finish creating your ice cream flavours, transfer your ice cream mixture to an airtight container and freeze for a minimum of 6 hours or overnight before eating.