Pulled Pork Sandwiches
You won't be able to wait to dig into these!
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole coriander seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons whole cumin seed
- 1 ½ teaspoons black peppercorns
- 2 ¼ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons chile powder
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 ½ pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Barbecue sauce, cole slaw, and Hamburger or brioche buns, for serving
Assemble the spice rub for the pork: In a dry, small skillet over medium-low heat, toast coriander, cumin and peppercorns until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, grind toasted spices into a fine powder. Transfer to a bowl and mix with salt, mustard powder, chile powder and sugar.
Heat oven to 300 degrees. Evenly coat the pork with the spice rub. Place pork in a baking pan and roast for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is pull-apart tender and internal temperature reads 200 degrees on a meat thermometer. Let meat cool for at least 30 minutes before pulling it apart and shredding with your hands or two forks. (This works best when the meat is warm but not hot.)
Serve pulled pork with slaw, buns and sauce on the side