Get roasting! This delicious roast beef recipe is a winner
- 3 to 3 1/2 lb inside round beef roast
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator, discard the wrapping and pat dry with paper towels.
- Let it sit for at least an hour to let it come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Make 8-10 incisions around the roast with a sharp knife, then slide the garlic slivers in.
- Rub the entire roast with olive oil then generously season with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast on a roasting rack with a pan to catch the drippings.
- Cook the roast at 375F for 30 minutes, then lower the heat to 225F for the remaining cooking time.
- The roast should take between 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours to cook depending on the size, shape and desired doneness.
- Remove from oven when the internal temperature reaches 135F-140F.
- Let it rest for at least 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!