A refreshing winter drink that boosts your immune system
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (approximately 5-6 lemons)
- 4 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 anise star
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a medium saucepan combine lemon juice, half of the water, honey, ginger, and spices. Bring to a simmer, stir until honey is dissolved, and remove from heat.
- Cover and allow to steep for 15 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher. Add the remaining water.
- Refrigerate until chilled through. Serve over ice. Garnish your glass with cranberries & a cinnamon stick to make it look extra pretty. Enjoy!
*For a hot lemonade, add all the water at the start and enjoy after steeping.