Healthy Potato Salad
A delicious potato salad without mayonnaise
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds mini potatoes
- 3/4 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus additional to taste and for cooking the potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 green onions divided
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed and drained
- Prepare the hard boiled eggs. Peel and dice small.
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover the potatoes by 1 inch. Salt the water generously. Bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with a fork, 10 to 20 minutes depending upon their size. Be careful not to overcook.
- Prepare the dressing: To a food processor or blender, add the Greek yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, celery salt, and black pepper. Cut 2 of the green onions into 4 pieces each and add into processor.
- Finely chop the third green onion and set aside for garnish later.
- Blend the dressing until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times as needed.
- Drain the potatoes. Let it cool slightly until it's safe to handle. Cut potatoes into 1 1/2-inch chunks (depending upon the size of your potatoes, this will be either halves or quarters). Transfer to a large bowl.
- While the potatoes are still hot, pour 3/4 of the dressing over the top.
- Gently stir to combine (it will look like a lot of dressing). Let sit 10 minutes, stirring once or twice as it rests.
- Add the celery, capers, and eggs. Reserve a tablespoon or so of the remaining chopped green onion for garnish, then add the rest to the bowl. Stir to combine. Taste and add more salt/pepper as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add the remaining dressing as desired, taste once more for salt (potatoes drink it up! I usually add a few big pinches), and sprinkle with the reserved green onion. Enjoy!